Sell at the Shop
Interested in selling your work at The Guild Shop?
Next Selections Deadline is June 1, 2013
The intent of OCC's The Guild Shop is to provide a marketplace for traditional and contemporary craft that demonstrates excellence in design and craftsmanship.
Any interested crafts professional who meets the general criteria for selections may apply to sell their work at The Guild Shop.
Each application must include the following information:
• Six digital images that best represent the type of work intended to be sold at The Guild Shop
• An accompanying image list that includes: digital file name, title/item, dimensions, description, medium, technique and retail price. (Commission structure: 55% craftsperson and 45% store). Click here to download Selections Image List Form
• CV and headshot image
• Artist statement
• Full contact information, including current mailing address and email and valid OCC Membership number if applicable
• Non refundable $25 (+3.25 HST) administrative fee for non-members (no critiques given). If paying by cheque, please make payable to the Ontario Crafts Council OR use paypal button below.
Please note: Accepted applicants must become a Crafts Professional Member of the OCC, if not already so.
Applications by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Application to Sell at The Guild Shop
Applications by mail to:
Attn: Selections, The Guild Shop, 118 Cumberland Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 1A6
Applications will be reviewed every two months starting February 1 and ending October 1. All applicants will be informed by email of results within two weeks of the application deadline.
1. Craft based medium to reflect the quality image that is associated with The Guild Shop
2. Work is finished to a high standard
3. Work must be the original idea of the maker or a skillful rendering of a traditional or classic design.
4. Articles that require simple assembly of commercially available parts as opposed to skillful manipulation of materials will not be accepted.
5. Ready-made parts or components are permitted only if they are subordinate to the total design and craftsmanship of the object.
6. The object must be capable of serving the purpose for which it was designed.
PLEASE NOTE: At the present time, The Guild Shop does not accept the following:
* hobby crafts
* flower arrangements or potpourri
* decorated stones, sea shells or other found objects
* liquid embroidery
* work made from kits, commercial patterns (as from pattern books or magazines)
* work made with a commercial product as the focal point
* work made with commercial moulds
* prints, graphics
* food or cosmetic products